Monday 5 October 2009

Training with Crezio de Souza











In the martial arts you hope to develop and grow within the arts you practice. But even more than that, I have found that what makes the real difference is the friendships you make on your path. With your teachers, students and training partners many interesting and life changing relationship can develop. As always, even if you have a positive outlook in this area, you will have people burn you. In my experience this only serves to cause your core group to become stronger and in some way for you to recognize real people. Peter Irving is one of those real guys.

Pete and I have been training together for quite a few years now. He is a tough as nails MMA fighter. Pete’s teacher is a BJJ legend - Crezio de Souza, who is one of the original pioneers of modern MMA. I have heard a lot about Crezio from my Pete but also my BJJ teacher, World Champion Leo Negao.

Leo had often talked to me about Crezio with great respect. So it was great news to hear that Crezio would be coming over to the UK each year now. I jumped at the chance to train with him. It was very interesting training with Crezio and gaining from his vast experience. Rolling with Crezio was a learning experience that I can’t wait to repeat! I can see why Pete really connected with his style and old school mentality.




No comments: